i used to hear that word a lot in the music i listened to. i was familiar with the term ‘understand’, defined as:
- One understands the weather if one is able to predict (e.g. if it is very cloudy, it may rain) and/or give an explanation of some of its features, etc.
- A psychiatrist understands another person’s anxieties if he/she knows that person’s anxieties, their causes, and can give useful advice on how to cope with the anxiety.
- A person understands a command if he/she knows who gave it, what is expected by the issuer, and whether the command is legitimate, and whether one understands the speaker (see 4).
- One understands a reasoning, an argument, or a language if one can consciously reproduce the information content conveyed by the message.
- One understands a mathematical concept if one can solve problems using it, especially problems that are not similar to what one has seen before.
Overstand, as defined by the Merriam Webster dictionary, is:
to keep on a navigational course beyond (a mark).
u understand? 🙂
setting goals. finding healthy ways to achieve them! 🙂 making friends, embracing the dionysical impulse that makes live wunderbar.
being free to make mistakes
or be random